Last month, Part 1 of a special sampler kit was released for free with a $5 purchase from the Snap Click Supply Company. I used several digital pieces from the collection to construct a fun hybrid layout that documents a treasured memory with my daughter.
I am in love with all the gorgeous aqua graphics in this set! The best news?! Part 2 is being released this weekend with a $5 purchase. You won't want to miss snagging this freebie- it's full of awesome creative possibilities!
About 90% of this layout is digital and composed within Photoshop Elements.
A couple of notes about my process:
- I started with a new document sized to 12x12-inches and 300 dpi for printing.
- It's all about the layers! First, I added a diagonally striped aqua background. Then, I started to build up my composition by incorporating fun elements: a framed photo, feathers, ticket stubs, and a header.
- I relied on information gathered from Jessica's amazing Photoshop tutorials and Scrapbooking classes to position elements, change an aqua feather to a golden hue, add a light aqua stroke to the semi opaque header at the top of my page, and the list continues!
- I knew I had a LOT to say about this photo so I intentionally left a large journaling block.
- After printing my digital base, I added a few physical elements: gold sticker numbers to the ticket and punched flowers in coordinating colors embellished with a nailhead.